Service (assessments and counselling sessions) is provided to you through Headstrong online platform.
Use of the Headstrong Platform
You cannot use the Platform for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. You may not use the Platform in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Platform or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Platform. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Platform. All content included as part of the Service, such as text, graphics, logos, images, as well as the compilation thereof, and any software used on the Platform, is the property of Headstrong or its suppliers and protected by copyright and other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights.
Headstrong uses a self-referral method for assessments. All clients must attend an assessment before accessing the service. Clients must complete the form and pre-screening questions. Clients can choose an appointment time from the schedule and the appointment will be confirmed by email once payment is made. The 50-minute assessment provides an opportunity for the client to share with us what they need help with, and for them to ask us any questions or expand on any aspect of the pre-screening questionnaire, and for us to ask any follow-up questions that will help us to improve the quality of our service, best match the client to one of our therapists, or determine the suitability of our service to their therapeutic needs.
Cancellations made within 7 days of the assessment will incur a full fee. However, sessions can be rescheduled up until 48 hours before the session free of charge. The reschedule a session within 48 hours, clients must book a new session via the website. We will not be able to conduct assessment sessions if the client is 15 minutes late to the appointment, and we will not be able to reschedule free of charge.
Headstrong offers counselling to individuals with mild to moderate presenting mental health challenges. All sessions are delivered remotely. Some clinical conditions are not suitable for remote consultations. If the pre-screening questionnaire determines the client’s presentation is not suitable for a remote assessment, the client will be informed, and the assessment will be cancelled and refunded.
Headstrong is not suitable for managing the care for individuals currently in a psychotic episode, manic episode, who have complex or severe diagnosis, or anything that might require specialist psychiatric care and/or care coordination that will be more appropriately managed through the GP/psychiatrist. If the pre-screening questionnaire indicates the above is true, the assessment will be cancelled, and the client will be referred to their GP.
Headstrong is not suitable for managing complex or severe diagnosis and presentations. If the pre-screening questionnaire indicates complex/severe diagnosis or co-morbidity, the assessor may conduct a pre-call with the client to determine whether the assessment will go ahead, or may cancel the assessment with a refund, and direct the client to the GP.
Headstrong is not suitable for managing clinical emergencies and is not a crisis intervention team. If the pre-screening questionnaire indicates the client needs crisis management or has had a recent suicide attempt, the client will be referred to their GP.
Every assessment is reviewed by a member of the clinical team. We will not be able to provide a refund if the client withdraws from the service following the assessment, or if the clinical team decides we are not a suitable service for the client.
Assessments will not be accepted without GP information. We may reach out to your GP or emergency services if we are worried about your safety, or the safety of someone else. Where possible, Headstrong will endeavour to inform you of such communications. Headstrong also has an ethical and legal responsibility to report drug trafficking, and possible terrorist acts. If you are client of Headstrong who is a trainee or qualified counsellor, Headstrong may contact your accrediting body if we consider you are engaging in gross misconduct with/towards your clients. Under no circumstances will Headstrong contact your training institution unless you have specifically requested us to do so.
There may be instances in which a member of the clinical team may call you for a pre-assessment call. During this call you may be asked to provide further information about the responses provided on the original assessment booking form. This call will allow us to determine whether a trainee counsellor will be suitable for you and/or whether an assessment should take place. In some cases, we may cancel your assessment booking, but we will let you know and signpost you appropriately.
Assessment Bookings are managed through Acuity Scheduling. The Assessment payment system is managed by Square Up.
All clients must ensure they have a confidential space in which to conduct the assessment sessions. If the client is not in a confidential space, the assessor maintains the right to stop the session.
Headstrong works with trainee counsellors. Headstrong provides therapy for individuals with mild to moderate presentations. If the assessment determines the client may need a qualified therapist, or specialist care, we will let the client know following the assessment.
By attending the sessions you understand that Headstrong works with trainees and that you may be referred appropriately to my GP, a specialist service, or a qualified professional if your needs are outside the competencies of a trainee counsellor.
If you wish to be seen by a private therapist, please inform your assessor or the clinical team at email@example.com. Your assessment will be security transferred to our sister service Headstrong PRO. Headstrong PRO is a separate entirety and works with Verified Private Practitioners. Headstrong PRO sessions are costed higher than Headstrong Counselling. Please refer to the Headstrong PRO website for more information: https://headstrongpro.co.uk
Confidentiality and Client Safety Policy
Assessments will not be accepted without GP information.
Headstrong is not suitable for managing the care for individuals currently in a psychotic episode, manic episode, who have complex or severe diagnosis, or anything that might require specialist psychiatric care and/or care coordination that will be more appropriately managed through the GP/psychiatrist. If the pre-screening questionnaire, the assessment, or any counselling session indicates the above is true, the session may be cancelled or terminated, and the client will be referred to their GP or the practitioner may reach out to the client’s GP, depending on the situation, keeping in mind the practitioner’s duty of care.
Headstrong is not suitable for managing complex or severe diagnosis and presentations. If the pre-screening questionnaire, assessment, or any counselling session indicates complex/severe diagnosis or co-morbidity, the practitioner may conduct a pre-call with the client to determine whether the assessment will go ahead, the session may be cancelled or terminated, and the client will be referred to their GP or the practitioner may reach out to the client’s GP, depending on the situation, keeping in mind the practitioner’s duty of care.
Headstrong is not suitable for managing clinical emergencies and is not a crisis intervention team. If the pre-screening questionnaire, assessment, or any counselling session, indicates the client needs crisis management or has had a recent suicide attempt, the client will be referred to their GP, or the practitioner may reach out to the client’s GP, depending on the situation, keeping in mind the practitioner’s duty of care. The practitioner may also contact a crisis team to ensure the client’s safety.
Headstrong may reach out to the client’s GP, emergency services, or the relevant authority if the clinical team, assessor, or counsellor is worried about the client’s safety, or the safety of someone else. Where possible, Headstrong will endeavour to inform the client of such communications.
Headstrong also has an ethical and legal responsibility to report drug trafficking, and possible terrorist acts.
If the client is a trainee or qualified counsellor, Headstrong may contact their accrediting body if we consider the client to be engaging in gross misconduct with/towards their clients. Under no circumstances will Headstrong contact the client’s training institution unless they have specifically requested us to do so.
Headstrong is not suitable for managing clinical emergencies and is not a crisis intervention team. If you are worried about immediate risk of harm to self or others, please visit your nearest A&E department or call the emergency services on 999. If you are not in immediate risk but would like support and advice, please visit your GP. You can also contact the following services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: NHS Helpline (111) and the Samaritans (116 123).
NHS Urgent Help for Mental Health: https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/mental-health-services/where-to-get-urgent-help-for-mental-health/
Whatever you're going through, call the Samaritans for free at any time. They are available round the clock, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you need a response immediately, it's best to call them on the phone. Otherwise, you can email them, visit their website, write them, or visit your local branch. For more information, please visit www.samaritans.org.
Cancellations made within 7 days of the session will incur a full fee. Headstrong maintains the right to terminate therapy at any point. We may be unable to offer our therapeutic services to you, due to your needs going beyond that of our service or for any of the reasons outlined in the ‘confidentiality and client safety’ policy.
Please ensure that you have a confidential space in which to conduct your counselling session. If you are not in a confidential space, the counsellor maintains the right to stop the session.
Headstrong Counselling offers weekly sessions. If you require more flexibility, or another frequency of sessions, please ask for your assessment to be transferred to Headstrong PRO.
Headstrong is a remote service. We offer limited in-person sessions in Hackney and Kensington Olympia. If your counsellor has an in-person space at one of our sites or you would like to have your sessions in-person, please speak with your counsellor or the clinical team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Headstrong maintains the right the terminate counselling at any point if the client’s presentation falls outside the service's eligibility criteria. Should this be the case, we will signpost the client appropriately to their GP for a referral to a more appropriate specialist or emergency service – see confidentiality and client safety policy.
Below is an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of Headstrong’s eligibility criteria. Counsellors on the Headstrong platform maintain the right the terminate counselling at any point if the client falls outside the service's inclusion criteria or the therapeutic capacities of the counsellor. Should this be the case, such concerns are discussed with the client where possible. The client may be signposted to their GP for a referral to a more appropriate specialist, emergency service, another trainee practitioner, or a qualified counsellor. Each assessment is considered on a case-by-case basis.
• The client must be minimum 18 years of age.
• Remote working must be suitable for the client’s clinical presentation and/or therapeutic needs.
• The client should be able to establish a positive therapeutic relationship. There should be evidence of the capacity to work through potential ruptures. Reasonable adherence to treatment. Respects boundaries set by professionals.
• Not currently in a psychotic episode, manic episode, an inpatient, or anything that might require specialist psychiatric care and/or care coordination that will be more appropriately managed through the client’s GP.
• Headstrong practitioners are not able to assess, provide or formally treat diagnoses and/or psychiatric conditions. Headstrong practitioners are not able to advise on medications, prescribed or alternative. If the client is seeking a diagnosis, they will be advised to seek guidance from their General Practitioner.
• If the practitioner determines the client should seek specialist care, psychiatric care, and/or a diagnosis for their condition it will be made known to the client and the client will be sign-posted appropriately.
• In the case of evidence of physiological dependence on substances, or where substance use dominates the experience of the client, Headstrong will signpost the client to appropriate services while remaining available for recovery stages.
• Ability to understand and use risk management plan.
• The client must be registered with a UK GP. International clients who present with low-risk and are registered with a local GP may be offered Headstrong’s services.
• HSC takes the position that self-injury and suicidality are experienced differently by different groups and individuals. Therefore, Headstrong will assess for risk on a case-by-case basis in an on-going manner. If there is significant and persistent suicidal ideation and/or actions, or a recent suicide attempt (within 6 months) then Headstrong may refer the client to more appropriate NHS services. Example of ‘significant’ risk: overdose or self-harm injury that required medical treatment.
• The client should have no history of aggression towards professionals in the past 12 months. Headstrong will not tolerate abusive or intimidating behaviour towards any counsellor or Headstrong member.
• The client should have the ability to reflect on own experiences without becoming so distressed that therapy becomes impossible.
• The client must have access to a confidential space in which to conduct their counselling sessions.
• The client’s presentation must be deemed suitable to be seen by a trainee.
No Professional Advice
If the Counsellor provides professional information, such information is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. No action should be taken based upon any information contained in the Service. You should seek independent professional advice from a person who is licensed and/or qualified in the applicable area. Without limiting the foregoing, the contents of the Services are for informational purposes only. Our Counsellor Services are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it due to counselling Services provided by Headstrong. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 999 immediately.
Headstrong does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, prescription products, procedures, opinions, or other information in the Services. Reliance on any information provided by Headstrong PRO or its employees, agents or third parties via the Counselling Services is solely at your own risk. The Counselling Services may contain health- or medical-related materials that are explicit and if you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use the Counselling Services.
Complaints and feedback
To make a complaint or provide feedback about your counsellor or Headstrong: please click here: https://headstrongcounselling.co.uk/complaints/
Ethical Practice and Equal Opportunity:
Headstrong adheres to the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy Ethical Framework guidelines. Each counsellor additionally practices according to the ethical principles of BACP or their equivalent accrediting organisation. Headstrong does not and shall not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. This includes re-allocation requests based on any of the above factors.
Assessments are paid for at the time of the booking. Payment links are sent following each counselling session to the email used to book the assessment. Counselling sessions must be paid within 24 hours of receiving a payment link. Failure to make payment may result in sessions being paused or terminated. If you are struggling to pay, please notify your counsellor as soon as possible.
If you have a disability, visible or invisible, please let us know at the time of booking your assessment and we will make the necessary adjustments to accommodate your needs.
Modification of Terms
Headstrong reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time. You agree to review these Terms and any Guidelines periodically for changes. When we make minor changes to the Terms we will update the last modified date at the top of this page. When we make changes to the Terms in a material manner, we will update the last modified date at the top of this page and notify you that material changes have been made to these Terms. If any such revision is unacceptable to you, your only remedy is to terminate your Headstrong.
Headstrong Academy Platform
- Community Respect: All members of the Headstrong Academy community are expected to engage in respectful and constructive dialogue. Abusive comments or behaviour towards other members will not be tolerated.
- Service Discretion: Headstrong Academy reserves the right to decline services to any individual or organization at our sole discretion.
- Feedback & Complaints: Should you have any complaints or wish to provide feedback, please direct them to our official email: email@example.com.
- Refund Policy: All sales and transactions made on Headstrong Academy are final, and no refunds will be provided.
- Content Disclaimer: The perspectives and opinions expressed during our talks and workshops are solely those of the invited speaker/presenter and may not necessarily reflect the views of Headstrong Counselling. While we seek to provide a platform for discourse and education, it is essential for attendees to adhere to the ethical guidelines and principles set forth by governing institutions, schools, and Headstrong Counselling during these events.
- Event Cancellations: While we strive to ensure all events run as planned, there may be occasions where events are cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, we will make every effort to reschedule or provide an alternative.
- RSVP Limitations: To maintain the interactivity and quality of our sessions, we limit the number of RSVPs for each event. We appreciate your understanding and encourage early registration to secure your spot.